DETAILS & FAQs
Plan Your Special Event
- Check availability under the schedule page.
- Deposit: To reserve your date, a 50% venue fee deposit is required.
- Event Insurance is required most of the time. Insurance runs between $65-$125. (Get Event Insurance Here.)
- Cancellation Policy: $100 cancellation fee applies. You can reschedule anytime to another available date but try to avoid last minute changes! You can cancel and get your deposit back (-$100) three months prior to your event.
- Other Events: Curious to know what events are scheduled in town on “your” date? Call the visitors center at 520 432 3539. You can also peek at their website at discoverbisbee.com. Pls note the calendar online is not always up to date. Best to call and ask!
- Our Agreement: The Courtyard is responsible for providing a nice clean functional space for the day of your event. Renters are responsible for all set up, vendors and take out of what they brought in..
- Weather: The Courtyard rental is rain or shine.
We recommend a buffet style, informal dinner for receptions. Or try a mixture of formal seating and high tables.
If you do want to do all formal seating, The Courtyard can accommodate:
- 6 five foot round tables (seats 8 guests each) allowing for chairs and passage.
- Also 3 high top two person tables with stools.
- Comfortable seating capacity of up to 50 guests. Sometimes parties can squeeze in a few more seats -up to 60 people.
- After dinner, you can always break down a couple of tables so people have room to dance and mingle.
- Guests have also created Moroccan style seating with rugs and pillows on the ground with low tables.
Food & Drink
Recommendations for Catering
- Chef Payton @ High Desert Market 520 236 9826 (not available June 1st – October 1st, all kinds of dishes)
- Chef Elvia Villa @ Elvia’s Kitchen
520 227 1781 (Authentic Regional Mexican)
- Chef Mike Donahue @ Dos Hermanos 520 249 5909 (also offers Vegan along with all kinds of dishes)
- Or ask any of your favorite Bisbee Restaurants to cater your event!
Recommendations for Cakes and Pastries
- High Desert Market for Cakes
- Pattiserie Jacqui for Pastries (both sweet and savory)
- Good Cakes for Vegan Cakes
Alcohol and Bartending:
You provide your own beverages. Depending on the type and size of your event, you’ll likely be required to hire a venue barkeeper. Our Bar Keeper is $150 for the evening. $100 for our Bar-back. Additional staff available for $25/hr.
Outdoor and Indoor Sound
- The Courtyard has indoor and outdoor speakers, just connect your device via bluetooth.
- Outdoor Live music must end by 9:30 pm (Sat. 10PM) due to neighborhood noise ordinance.
- Outdoor speakers can play longer at conversation volume.
- DJ’s allowed upon approval, no subwoofers. Must end by 9:30pm (Sat. 10pm) especially if DJ is set up outside.
We have an arch you can decorate for your wedding or other event. The Arch is included with the venue, no charge. We have some decorations too. If you would like to hire someone to decorate it, let us know ($100 incl. take down, doesn’t include supplies).
If having a reception, there is a team of two people that will come in the next day and make everything looking spic and span again. This service is $80 – $120 and is required.
Linen + Dishware Rental (and washing)
Victoria Richards 520 243 0456
LaRon Barnes 520 366 5271 Victoria Richards 520 243 0456
Hair Victoria Richards 520 243-0456
Would you like a band or artists to play your event? Just let us know and we can send you some musician recommendations.
If you are looking for DJ recommendations, Gideon in town is great – 512 492 2449 (text or phone him)
We can provide a PA (this is professional musical equipment… microphone, speakers etc) for $75 for the day. Please note that our house speakers that connect via bluetooth are free. The PA is additional equipment.
Places to stay
Most Bisbee’s lodging is located within a short walk of The Courtyard.
- We have The Bungalow and The Sweet Spot right behind the venue! Super fun to stay at and be close to the event.
- We also recommend the Shady Dell vintage trailer court!